Tuesday 5 April 2011

The Skints - magazine advert


I really wanted my magazine advert to be an extension of the album art, so that the audience receiving this text will associate the two, however i did want too differentiate both slightly as they are two separate texts. I done this by zooming in on what i believe to be the most eye-catching/interesting part of the album cover (the body/money) I have also changed the colour of the font, in order to make it match the body but kept the same font so that it is instantly recognisable. I have also put all the relevant information that is conventionally found on a magazine album advert such as date of release/name of record label (MLB video) and the main track included on the album. As well as this I have used the same barcode font for the name of the album cover to tie the album in with the advert once more, but i edited this in order for it to stand out once again by making it glow.

I believe this would be effective and appropriate in a music magazine such as Kerrang as i believe the main demographic/target audience will most likely read this magazine and see this advert.

No comments:

Post a Comment