Wednesday 6 April 2011

Reflection on the process of making album art work

The creating of my album cover was a real learning curve as I used Photoshop properly for the first time. This elongated the process of creation but gave me much more of an insight into how to use many of the tools. I have learnt many tricks such as how to download/install fonts, alter an image and turn it into something completely different, use different blending options, effects, gradient backgrounds, use different layers, colour correct/change images etc.




If I could have done anything differently it would have been to watch more tutorials, ask others more questions about shortcuts/effects etc  and perhaps would have done a preliminary task of creating my album art so that I could fiddle around with different effects/brushes/tools and find out more. All of these features could have helped me to speed up the process of creating my album art.


No comments:

Post a Comment