Sunday 20 March 2011

Update/Album art

Unfortunately yesterday, when we had planned to film, a member of the group and a friend who played a character in the narrative both could not make the filming day and so we could not get any more footage. We hope to re-arrange for another day but until then we will carry on editing as hopefully this will give us a greater insight into what shots we need to attain. We will also watch more music video's in lessons to give us more idea's. In the meantime i have been creating my album cover. 


__________________________________________________________________________________

I have been familiarising myself with photoshop as i have previously used photoimpression5 (a less advanced programme) In order to create my album cover i have altered many other images and attained a photo of Bradley (other group member)...
Originally i made the skeleton (from my idea) look like this...
The skeleton/skull is a combination of two different images. Originally the skull had a black background and was not inverted. I inverted this as well as the body but they were still not the same colour and so i edited the hue/saturation and brightness/contrast in order to make them appear to fit together. However this image seemed to be bare and i felt the body/head still did not fit together. 


I then inverted the image once more as this appeared to make the skeleton look more realistic. I cropped the skeletons arm and pasted it into word and rotated it/pasted back to MS paint so that it fitted in with the image of Bradley (who is supposedly in the xray machine)...
I inserted the image then and altered the size of the skeleton so that it'd fit in with Bradley's body. I don't think this worked very well...



I then tried to fit in some other idea's i had had such as a hat to insinuate wealth, as well as the falling money. I also experimented with the filter effect of clouds on photoshop (on the left) none of these appeared to look professional or effective...




I experimented with many features on photoshop such as the artistic-neon glow option in order to create the effect on the skeleton. I done the same with the hat. At the moment i have rough idea's for the final album cover. I have downloaded some fonts and hope to make these glow by altering the blending options on photoshop. So far i have also been experimenting with different brushes on photoshop which also give me more idea's for the content of the album cover...






I altered Bradley's body shape constantly and used tools such as rubber/magic rubber to remove backgrounds. I have also created this on many different layers in order to be able to move objects around and get more idea's. I edited Bradley's body by posterising it/increasing the hue/saturation and brightness/contrast so that it stood out when i reduced the opacity, and made it so that people could still see the bones of the skeleton. In order to ensure the arms were in the right position i once again rotated them on word and pasted them back to paint. I made the background of these pasted images transparent in order to be able to reposition them against the skeleton body once more. I am slightly disappointed with the positioning of the photo against the body due to the skeleton seemingly being too long but i hope to correct this in the future somehow. I selected money from images using the quick selection tool and edited the hue/saturation and brightness/contrast in order to make them stand out. 




These two covers are just an experiment with different brushes. I have watched tutorials on many things to do with photoshop that i previously could not do such as radial gradient backgrounds and making my own glowing shape using the pen tool. I hope to further my knowledge and improve/add to my album cover whilst still maintaining what i believe 'The skints' is about.

No comments:

Post a Comment